The Golf Season has Finally Started, May 28, 2020

After spending two months self isolating at home I am in the worst springtime physical condition I can recall. The back, hips and knees will not cooperate. They don't bend or recoil as they were intended by the almighty. I've been watching videos by Adam Bazalgette all winter with the thought that this season would see a breakthrough of sorts.
A backswing at Emirates G.C. in Dubai Dec. 2019
I've watched and practiced the grip, plane, downswing and follow through in the apartment and at the Emirates driving range. Because of Covid-19 I allotted no time to workout. Now I'm paying for it.
On the Brampton Golf Club with an electric power cart I've played two nine hole games and one eighteen hole game with a lack of quality results in my shots and of course in my score. The nine hole games were meant to be eighteen holes but I ran out of steam and begged off the course with my pals' complete understanding. I'm playing Fridays with Hurley, Coole and Hastie and on Wednesdays with Sandy's group of 20 or more men who always show up with a standard wager of ten dollars. A highlight of our gambling game is the usual banter and taunts of 'sandbagger' along with the ice cold Draft Beers we enjoy in the downstairs lounge. However, the lounge is shut tight for after game drinking; we will be quaffing a few outside the club house where we are promised an area where eight foot distancing will be enforced.
I've made a promise to buy a stationary bike and to use it regularly in the hope that my conditioning will improve. And when our Physiotherapy clinics open again I'll keep doing it as long as I see some benefit. The last thing Terryl and I want to see is anything that resembles a walker or wheelchair in our current daily lives.
Walk at Home is a website with a bunch of videos for walking and warming upon the spot. That's what I will do on a regular basis to get the joints ready to rumble.
On July 3, 2020 playing with Dave Hastie and Paul Hurley the short game came alive with a score of 42 + 42 at Brampton GC for my best score of the year. Slower and deliberate follow through were the keys to the improved hits. Next week I'll have an hour practice with Aaron to get more of the good stuff before the Senior Championships on July. 11 and 12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regent Splendor cruise Oct 16 to Nov 7, 2023

Shawinigan February 22 - 25, 2020

Rory McIlroy's Golf Swing In Slow Motion | 2024 Edition