BGC Men's Day start on June 3, 2020

I spent 1.5 hours on the practice driving range June 1, 2020; and left with a couple of tips on the grip and swing that will be employed on opening day. I readily admit, that a Rory McIlroy I've never been. Suffice it to say all I'm looking for is a swing from a 78 year old that is capable of breaking 80 from the green tees at BGC. The importance of the above is that I still think I can do it and I'm willing to work at it. Last year it happened once and the boys proclaimed, "He's back." 
Bubba Watson and Alexander McPope Bermuda GC May 2019
This season began like no other; Covid-19 forced a lockdown that affected everyone in the world and our little world at Brampton Golf Club was no different. We usually open in early April but this year it was six weeks later. The upside is that the course was in great shape, dry with summer-like temperatures and a little roll on the fairways and greens with the speed sure to come.
I'll tee it up with Kyran Bartlett, Peter Godfrey and Michael Oxley at 12:51 June 3, 2020 and post the score. This link goes directly to Golf Canada Scoring Centre and  records all of our statistics for years past and future.
We had a beautiful day for golf; the sun shone, a slight wind and the gift of a quality swing tip that started and ended the day with eight pars and some others for a score of 84. I am elated and ready for my next game on June 5, 2020.
On too numerous occasions a good game was followed by a not-so-good one. On June 5 I shot 49 on the front nine (with too few good shots), and a back nine of 40 for 89 which was at least half okay. During our conversation Paul Hurley asked me if I took anything for knee, hip or back pain. My answer was no except for Glucosamine which I don't believe helps at all.  I also played with Ray Coole and Dave Hastie that day. Two minutes later Paul presents a handful of pills and asks me If I'd like a Tylenol Arthritis tablet. I said why not and popped a pill. It's possible that this pill contributed to my improved shotmaking on the back nine. If it helps there's no law against it. My next game is June 10, 2020 with Bob Dool, Danny Gale and Sandy MacIntosh. If all goes well I may enter our Club Championships Tournament with back to back games on June 13 and 14th.
On June 10, 2020 I shot 46 on the front nine and what was noticeably missing was the short game because there were several opportunities for par with a good chip and a putt. The back nine was 45 and I did make a par. I'm playing on June 12, 13 and 14, 2020. That will be a challenge--perhaps it may be 9 holes on the 12th?
I played 18 on Friday June 12, and 18 in the tournament on June 13 and finished in third place. I'm embarrassed to say that my time for the second round was at 08:12 on June 14 and didn't realize it until 07:45 (too late to get there on time). I called BGC and apologized for missing my time; this could have been my year.
The sun has surely set on my Tournament Golf career

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regent Splendor cruise Oct 16 to Nov 7, 2023

Shawinigan February 22 - 25, 2020

Rory McIlroy's Golf Swing In Slow Motion | 2024 Edition