I lived here from 1986 - 2017. This link reveals my former home and, as it is now. January 24, 2021

 


I am reading old posts on www.tglf.ca and the following interested me and I hope it does you:

My first thoughts are not off topic but close, and so I have found something in an old email regarding my residence of 31 years in Brampton from 1986 to 2017. I clicked on a link that was used to sell the home (the first video) where it reveals photographs of my place, additionally I clicked on another that is the renovated version (the second video) of my house just six months after I left it in 2017.  Please have a look, it's amazing what $200K can do to a well-lived and memorable abode: 

http://www.andrewtamburello.com/listings/36-fernbrookcrescent

Let's step back to 1985 when my family of Anne Marie and sons Greg and Rob had discussed a move to a new home closer to my work. This new place would have all the current convenient appliances, large sleeping and living quarters and a swimming pool in a yard surrounded by treed nature only. We would have a pool table in the finished recreation room at 1500 square feet directly under 3000 square feet of living space with a walk out to the landscaped back yard: our version of the perfect family home. So we had it built by Fernbrook Homes and moved to North Brampton in July 1986. It soon became Party-Central for family gatherings and holidays that we were happy to host. During those years I was content and happy with my life and family whom I thought were flourishing and reasonably challenged with suitable goals for the future. In 1988 Greg was the first to go. The University of Toronto accepted his enrolment in their Physics programme that he'd always wanted since he graduated from Grade School in Toronto at thirteen years of age. He was ready to bite off a large amount of life and there was no stopping him: Go Trains and buses to Toronto every day. Bob was in high school and growing like a weed. He tried out for the Rugger team and made it. He was in with pretty regular guys I thought and was doing fine. He also changed his name to Rob, possibly because he thought it sounded mature. During all of this I had bought shares in Arthurs-Jones and was enjoying my work that paid me more money than I ever could have imagined. My payout at the end of my working time would put us into our future lives with comfort and satisfaction. I felt good about that.

There are joyful (and sad) times that came to our family of four while living in this house from 1986 to 1994, but things really changed that year. Anne Marie went off to re-start her life as a single person in October; Greg left for Quebec City in September (after living in Japan for two months) to continue his studies at Laval and more importantly, to live with Marie-Lou; Rob had his place at the University of Toronto studying Architecture and Graphic Design in September; Rob had apprenticed that summer with my friend Tak Tanaka and was eager to leave home and get started just like a young man would want to do. And I had our animals Beegee and Septima, my work and my golf at Brampton Golf Club. My brother Arch had had a few bad breaks in his life, including losing his job as a master printer with a firm he had been with for thirty years (bankruptcy was the culprit). Arch and I concluded our discussion five days after Anne Marie had left with her Separation Agreement in hand. Given that, I asked Arch if he wanted to live with me in my very large but now empty home. He did so in November of '94, and so did I for the next 21 years until 2015.

It is best to focus on the good times. There was plenty of that all centred around cooking, eating and drinking of the O-Be-Joyful. Greg, Marie-Lou, Ben, Nate and Thomas visited often, and so did Rob and my brothers-in-law, sisters and their children with my Mom and Dad where we had as many as 28 people for sit-down dinners and 50 or more for a feast prepared by Arch and me with appropriate acknowledgement of enjoyment and appreciation from our guests. The Air Canada group consisting of Terryl's fellow flight attendants and pilots partied a few times every year with Terryl being a big part of all of the arrangements and she loved it all. 

I took ill in the summer of 2015 with a variety of issues, and almost simultaneously Arch fell terminally ill and passed away in November 2015. He had had cancer and he thought he was just getting older. He was only 76 and his last days, I'm sorry to say, where very painful. In 2017 a carefully considered decision was made for me to take up residence in a senior's assisted home with nurses and three squares a day. I had been in and out of the hospital for two plus years, and, I still wasn't operating on all cylinders. The ladies of Rivera Greenway made sure I had my prescription pills, and, that I took them religiously. For eighteen months Terryl came to see me all the time, Greg and Rob followed when they could. I was slow and lethargic and just getting along, but by 2018 I had put my mind and body together rather successfully I thought, and asked Terryl if she still wanted me to live with her. She said enthusiastically "yes" and I moved in to her Port Credit apartment in November. That day was 20 years and one month after our first date.

I am looking forward to my life with my sons and with Terryl. We are currently hunting for an ideal condominium in Port Credit and have set our sights on one just down the street from our current apartment. Greg and Marie-Lou's home is in Shawinigan Quebec and Rob's apartment is in downtown Toronto where he is close to his work and friends. Both have made good decisions regarding work and abode. When Terryl and I move again it will be a good one too. 

I'm looking forward to adding one more address to my list of homes from 1941 to ????:

94 Curzon Street, Toronto East _ 110 Jones Ave, Toronto East _ 204 Wineva Ave, Toronto Beaches _ 45 Victoria Park Ave, Toronto Beaches _ 80 Scarborough Beach Blvd, Toronto Beaches _ 36 Fernbrook Crescent, Brampton North _ 100 Ken Whillans Drive, Brampton South _ 70 Park Street East, Mississauga South _ I suppose when the next address is added it will be my last, but one never knows does one?

June 1, 2021 Flash

After two years plus some months we located and paid for a 3b + 3w 1600 sq. ft. Condominium one block away from us in Port Credit. We start the move on June 2 and will finish it by the end of July 2021 (just because we can). This address is 66 High Street East, Mississauga South (the final move, maybe).



Comments

  1. Great post! You should clarify in the opening paragraph that only the following paragraph (up to the link to the house listing) are fromnTGLF. I'm glad I read on. It has indeed been quite a ride and I cannot tell how happy it makes me to think of the home and life you now share with Terryl. I wish the two of many more years of joy together in the Park St. apartment, the Dream Condo or wherever you hang your hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a few changes to this post since its first appearance. I think I'm finished with it except for the final address.

      Delete
  2. Also... I now realize that I never saw the post-renovation video of 36 Fernbrook. Amazing what $200K can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you PMC for your kind and loving comment. Terryl and I are in a special place wherever it may be. Love A. McP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Regent Splendor cruise Oct 16 to Nov 7, 2023

Shawinigan February 22 - 25, 2020

Rory McIlroy's Golf Swing In Slow Motion | 2024 Edition