I thought I was a pretty good photographer until I saw these: December 11, 2020

I receive an email from Medium.com daily. In it there are essays written on myriad subjects. I usually read four or five that interest me. This morning they threw me a curve ball in that one of them was not an essay but, "The winners of this year’s 11th Epson International Pano Awards selected from 5,859 entries from 1,452 professional and amateur photographers in 96 different countries, a record for the competition."

Have I mentioned that I had won a competition for photography on board Azamara Pursuit's Cruise Lines in January 2019? If not, there was over 2,000 entries from 350 photographers on board. The scenery at the bottom of the world and one half mile away from the frozen tundra called The Antarctica was nothing short of majestic. The professional photographers and students of the craft had a field-day, almost everyday out of seven that we cruised in and out of the inlets and passage ways of this infrequently travelled continent. The first photographs I will show are the ones from 11th Epson International Pano Awards. I have identified only a couple of these. All of them are incredible. Enjoy.


       First Place, Squamish British Columbia entitled "Spring Hibernation" by Matt Jackisch



       "Under The North Star" in the Barents Sea, Russia, Murmansk Region by an Amateur





















Do you see the person at the bottom of The Sahara Desert by Marcel van Oosten?

The above photographs are the work of Professional and Amateur photographers.
And because this Blog is about my musings and experiences in this world it's
appropriate that I close this post with some of my shots using an Apple iPhone 8. Thank you for your
interest and comments; if you wish to post one please do so at the bottom of this page.












First Prize January 12, 2019
































Comments

  1. Thank you so much! Sharing those breathtaking images make me want to appreciate the scenery that we can find around our own environment everyday; trying to train our minds to capture these moments as faithfully as possible is a real skill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Regent Splendor cruise Oct 16 to Nov 7, 2023

Shawinigan February 22 - 25, 2020

Rory McIlroy's Golf Swing In Slow Motion | 2024 Edition